Relocation assistance available.
Our client is a large manufacturer in Central Illinois delivering top products and components worldwide. They are hiring an Accounting Manager to direct and manage accounting and auditing activities within the company. This person will take charge of a thriving, experienced accounting team.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering sound financial advice and setting goals for the accounting team's activities. They and their team will be fully responsible for monthly close activities, quarterly analysis, financial reporting, and related accounting activities.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Ownership of an established. high-performing team of direct reports.
- Strong potential for promotion into a controller position.
- Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
- Visibility to senior management.
- Excellent vacation package and strong work/life balance.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills in auditing and accounting or move upward into senior management.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation.
- Lead accounting team direct reports; coach, mentor, direct, and set expectations for performance.
- Oversee monthly close and reconciliation activities, including GL reconciliation, cost variance analysis, journal entries, P&L analysis, and related reports.
- Conduct quarterly analysis and related financial reporting. Build financial models and forecasts. Analyze financial statements, supporting schedules, and yields.
- Make regular reports on market trends, emerging technology, competitors, and market forecasts.
- Present financial analysis to executive management with recommended actions.
- Develop improved business processes and internal controls using continuous improvement methodologies.
- Complete audits, identifying and correcting outstanding errors, compliance issues, and inefficiencies.
- Document accounting activities and procedures, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and other regulations.
- 6+ years of accounting experience, including experience with a major public accounting firm.
- Leadership experience over teams of 10+ direct reports.
- Experience in auditing controls, risks, inventory, manufacturing, and operational processes.
- Proficiency with accounting software.
- CPA, CFE, or CIA certification.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Experience with major ERPs is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and process.
- Some travel.