Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Manages the general accounting function of the accounting team, ensuring the accuracy and maintenance of the ledger accounts and the resultant financial statements. Develops and implements accounting policies and operations of accounting systems, and financialreport preparation. Provides technical expertise and advice to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financialreports, and manage their financialresponsibilities. Plans and coordinates preparation of financial and operating reports. Manages the activities to generate accounting information related to company operations, with the objective of conforming to current legislation and closing deadlines, as well as furnishing information to company administrators to enable the taking of preventive actions.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include closing the books, reporting, accounting compliance activities. Accounting close for Cayan platform; supervising three accounting staff. Typical day includes heavy accounts receivable, customer interfacing, monthly billing cycle, monthly close cycle, questions from relationship managers, cash application, process improvement
Job Specific Skills and Competencies
Experience with monthly accounting close functions; time sensitive environment (ie: deadlines that can’t move); Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP system; strong leadership skills; goal oriented individual that is comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment; fast learner – someone willing to dig into the details and appreciate the big picture; process improvement experience
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides tactical management for teams and individuals as related to general accounting to include the following: billing, reporting and analysis, policy review and development, auditing, and coordinating, implementing, and streamlining processes and accounting systems. Monitors departmental requirements to ensure jobs and services are completed and contractual expectations of our clients are met. Facilitates team meetings to address team progressions, billing errors, updates and people issues.
- Manages intercompany billing. Monitors and streamlines billing performances and acumen against targeted cutoff times and due dates. Deploys action plans to address any negative account variances or discrepancies. Sets up report formats and produces monthly report analysis. Manages invoicing for clients and travel expenses and ensures all accounts for cards and statements are properly, accurately and timely billed. Secures management approval as needed. Remains updated for all invoicing and collection, consults on escalated queries, analysis, procedure changes and approves credit notes..
- Analyzes and reviews various work, such as ledger accounts, financial statement analysis, accounting entries, records and reports which are complied by accounting personnel. Supports regulatory reviews as requested to improve accuracy and maintain conformity to process procedures, best practices, policies and or regulations. Researches, analyzes and resolves accounting issues and reports findings. Escalates to upper management when needed.
- Maintains close interaction with licensing teams across the company (e.g., Technology Management, Technology Group, Quality Assurance & Test Services). Advises on new report formats to reflect detail necessary mainly to improve management information and audit trail (e.g., new Capitalization Report). Proposes changes and explains the purpose of the change to standardize processes and reports across teams. Understands workflows, data input, controls and records and identify process improvements.
- Prepares policy drafts on company standard formats. Identifies and discusses points for review with management including legal regulations and revises the policies accordingly (e.g., Travel Policy). Provides feedback on policy reviews (e.g., ONE TSYS Credit & Collection) and allowances for doubtful accounts and write off policy. Reviews and assists on updates of procedures (e.g., Travel Administration and Travel & Entertaining). Remains updated on policies related to duties (e.g., Capitalization Policy) and replies to escalated queries and/or auditor questions and makes decisions where needed to secure smooth workflow.
- Participates in leading a team on new system implementations (e.g., Dynamics, Team View, On Base , Chambers). Understands systems, and discusses data transfer, data input, workflow, and reports. Prepares presentations and ensures financial needs are met. Initiates, designs, implements, tests and enhances databases on Lotus notes (e.g., Accounts, Travel Authorization and Travel Request databases). Maximizes automation and efficiency and maintains detailed records.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with audit. Ensures all accounting principles are adhered to, and provides documentation for operational and financialaudits. Addresses audit outcomes on a timely basis.
- Manages new program implementation, encompassing new products, services, and acquisitions. Manages cross-functional team, solves issues and trains internal customers on settlement updates. Establishes processes and procedures within accounting and monitors and troubleshoots daily accounting operations.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 6 years
- related professional experience and prefer a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Masters Degree in Accounting