Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
The Accounting Manager will be part of the Cattle finance organization of the company. Responsibilities will focus on overseeing the general and financialreporting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and providing support to feedlot locations to ensure a system of internal controls maintained. This position will interact with various stakeholder groups across a variety of business segments and functions.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversee financial close process, including review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations, completing estimate to actuals and balancing intercompany accounts
- Reconcile and monitor daily hedging activity
- Monitor and approve capital projects including: tracking of spend, forecasting and project completion
- Approve cattle and commodity payments
- Develop and analyze various standard and ad hoc financial and operational reports for key stakeholders
- Evaluate effectiveness of processes and procedures to ensure compliance in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley and develop improvements as needed
- Maintain compliance with corporate governance policies, procedures and internal controls within the department.
- Provide training to team members
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 4 to 7 years accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 to five years of commodity accounting experience
- Experience managing people and positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Knowledge of common accounting practices and procedures, including solid understanding of GAAP
- Ability to foster teamwork – work cooperatively and effectively with others to resolve problems and make effective decisions
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft and Excel software skills
- Previous experience in a cattle feedlot preferred but not required
- Experience with cattle and commodity software systems a plus
- MBA, CFA, CMA, CPA
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills in interpretations of data and identification of anomalies
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demand of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use, frequent telephone use, some lifting or moving up to 10 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Ability to work after hours/weekends and on call as needed.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.