Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems (Refrigeration) helps improve the transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport, industrial cooling, retail display and cold chain visibility. For 50 years, the Refrigeration business has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units, trailer refrigeration systems, mechanical systems, and refrigerated display cases.
We are searching for an Accounting Manager for our facility in Athens, GA!
As a member of the North America Truck and Trailer Operational Finance team in Athens, GA, you will be responsible for all plant accounting and finance, along with associated internal controls over financial reporting into the financial statements for the Athens Manufacturing Plant.
- Lead month-end closing activities to ensure accuracy and that deadlines are met; Analyze, calculate and input journal entries and run month-end reports in JDE within a culture of continuous improvement
- Work with our financial systems team to support changes to our financial reporting system (HFM) and coordinate with the Refrigeration business units to ensure the updates are implemented accurately
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of warranty reserve schedules and all inventory related quarterly reporting
- Audit cycle count activity and provides recommendations for process and accuracy improvements
- Collaborates on cross-functional projects that impact inventory and cost of goods sold
- Review and analyze inventory, cost of goods sold, and margin reports, conduct research and perform the review in regard to cost or variance analyses, and complete review of the excess and obsolete inventory
- Perform special projects (support the accounting for acquisitions and divestitures, perform ad hoc analysis, support the implementation of new accounting standards, perform SOX testing)
- Responsible for maintaining internal control, desktop procedures, coordinate department policies and procedures to assure robust internal controls. Stay abreast with Carrier policy, GAAP and Sarbanes- Oxley requirements to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- 5 plus years of accounting experience required
- Experience with manufacturing accounting
- Month-end close experience in comparable organizations preferred
- Prior Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and JDE System
- Flexibility – the ability to work in a fast-paced environment