At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
Coffee & Bagels Brands is Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Bruegger’s Bagels and Manhattan Bagel. We are your friendly neighborhood gathering place for good conversation and great food.
Position Mission: This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the overall general ledger system close process and certain financial reporting; including general accounting, occupancy accounting, and fixed assets.
- Supervise the corporate accounting department and associated functions, including general ledger, fixed assets and occupancy accounting.
- Supervise 2 to 5 direct reports.
- Coordinate and manage the month end close process, including maintaining a checklist of all required journal entries for all company brands.
- Prepare all assigned account reconciliations and review all team account reconciliations to ensure they tie to the GL and reconciling items are resolved.
- Ensure all account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Manage the distribution of store level financial statements.
- Maintain all systems associated with function.
- Execute assigned external audit requirements.
- Maintain accounting policies associated with areas of responsibility.
- Maintain and execute all internal controls associated with function.
- Coordinate execution of requirements associated with internal audit review of all controls.
- Assist with the preparation of required income tax preparation inputs as requested by the tax team.
- Ensure appropriate application of use tax on fixed asset and non-fixed asset purchases in coordination with the tax and AP teams.
- Responsible for team engagement and staff development.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required, other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step projects/procedures consistently.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPArequired.
- 5+ years of experience of increasing responsibility with large, growing multi-unit retail company; public accounting experiencepreferred.
- Significant industry financial statement preparation experience including report writers (Microsoft Management Reporter and Crystal Reports preferred).
- Maintenance or implementation of financial systems including general ledger, fixed assets, and occupancy/lease accounting (Microsoft Great Plains preferred).
- Previous experience supervising an accounting department, including the following areas: general ledger close, financial reporting, occupancy/lease accounting, fixed assets.
- Experience in multi-unit retailpreferred but not required.