Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Accounting Manager, you will partner with our Senior Accounting Manager in analyzing various P&L and balance sheet items and leading the further development of accounting systems and processes. This individual will own or co-own the monthly close process, our annual financial audit, tax registrations & filings, and more. The Accounting Manager will have a solid technical accounting background, possess a strong understanding of accounting systems and module flow, and work to improve processes, policies, and procedures as we expand nationally.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, implement, and document accounting systems and processes and play a lead role in planning for and integrating new acquisitions.
- Be responsible for several aspects of new pharmacy openings, including tax setup, and tracking of monthly revenue, and expenses.
- Assist with monthly corporate accounting close and generation of the financial reporting package and provide detailed analysis and ensure monthly reconciliations are performed for various balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain Roll Forward Schedules and participate in financial statements audit.
- Work with an external tax team to ensure tax compliance work is performed in a timely manner and work with state and local tax agencies to set up new locations for relevant taxes and licenses.
- You have 5-6 years of experience consisting of 2-3 years in public accounting with audit experience and 2-3 years of accounting experience in a high-growth startup.
- You have a Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Excel and detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- You possess critical thinking, analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, and demonstrated an ability to deliver high-quality work.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and work with a sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.