CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for anexperienced Accounting Manager based in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated globaldesign firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The Accounting Manager will be a senior member of our corporate accounting team working closely with our Controller, Assistant Controller, and interact with key leaders within the firm. This position will team closely with theother Accounting Manager toshare variousresponsibilities as needed to meet variousdeadlines, including the following:
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice. Work closely with the project accounting team to monitor and review accounting-related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Partner with Human Resources and Payroll on administration of the Deferred Compensation Plan, 401(k), and other employee benefits.
- Oversight and/or completion of government surveys, pricing of proposals in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) standards, and oversight of annual FAR audit.Work closely with Assistant Controller to assist in tax related matters including, but not limited to, annual tax provision, tax estimates, and corporate tax filings.
- Work closely with Controller and Assistant Controller during annual budget process. May prepare, maintain and analyze budget items including revenue, expense, payroll entries, and other income/expense areas.
- Interact with external auditors in completing annual audits.
- May supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the companys automated financial system.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of Deltek technology.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies, mentor junior staff.
- May supervise lower level accountants and accounting support staff.
- Assists in month and year end closings, and applicable reporting.
- Analyze financial information, prepare financialreports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, taxliability, otherfinancial activities.
- Prepare, examine, analyze accounting records, financial statements or otherfinancialreports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Oversight and/or completion of international audits.
- Ensure the adherence to compliance regulations.
- May handle otherresponsibilities as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Accounting, Finance or related field. Minimum of 10 years of related accounting management experience and CPArequired. Audit, tax and multi-currency experience with a public accounting firm highly desirable. Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills a must. Proficiency with MS Office is required; Deltek preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.