Why is This a Great Opportunity?
- Exceptional and top benefits for employees.
- Bonus & equity program.
- This is attractive for a Senior Accountant in biotech ready to accelerate their progression.
- This is attractive for a public accountant with public company experience looking to leave public accounting.
- This is attractive to a public company reporting professional looking to get into biotech.
- 401(k) plan with 100% company match on first 6% deferred, vested immediately.
- Many other benefits and quality of life programs.
The client is seeking an accomplished Accounting Manager to join the Finance and Accounting team. The preferred candidate is a CPA who is team focused and detail oriented. This position will report to the Controller.
- Key member of monthly close, including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Key contact with R&D and G&A departments on monthly accruals
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) internal control documentation
- Interface with auditors
- Assist with compiling information for quarterly SEC filings (10Q & 10K) • Perform account analysis and assist with internal reporting
- Prepare technical accounting memos when needed
- Ad hoc projects and support as needed
- BA/ BS in accounting or related degree
- CPA required; preferably with public company experience and relevant industry experience
- Public (audit firm) and private (industry) company experience preferred; will consider straight public
- Total of approximately 3 plus years relevant experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Oracle experience and/or Workiva experience a plus