Beacon Resources seeks an Accounting Manager to join a Real Estate–oriented corporation in the San Fernando Valley. The hired Accounting Manager will support the accounting team. You will report to an Accounting Director. You will have several direct reports to manage. You will make sure proper accounting processes for various tasks are properly functioning.
The successfully hired Accounting Manager will be able to start at once, pending the usual background checks.
For the Accounting Manager who wants to join a prestigious, real estate-oriented company, this is THE place to be!
DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
· Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes
· Assist the Accounting Department in coordinating Real Estate development reports
· Determine proper accounting and basis allocations for properties
· Record properly capitalization entries
· Manage the monthly constructionloan draw submittal process
· Review journal entries
· Review reconciliations
· Assist in all internal and external audits
· Assist in all compliance issues, both in internal control matters and in SOX
· Assist in press releases on all matters related to the company’s financial situation
· Accept other ad hoc duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (REQUIRED)
· Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus, or equivalent work experience
· Real Estate Development and Construction Industry experience
· At least five (5) years of Corporate Accounting Experience
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (PREFERRED)
· At least two (2) years of Public Accounting Experience at a Big 4 or Tier 2 Accounting Firm
· Financial Reporting experience
SKILLS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER (REQUIRED)
· Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
· Expert-Level experience in Yardi
· Superior communication skills
· Strong analytical experience
· Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
· Works well independently
· Ability to juggle multiple projects
· Fast learner
· Able to work at a fast pace
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.