The Accounting Manager will manage a team of Staff Accountants and Financial Analysts to achieve their individually assigned tasks in a complete and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager is expected to be able to apply accounting principles and concepts while demonstrating a strong knowledge of accounting systems and US GAAP through assisting with assigned recurring tasks and special projects, supporting the preparation of various internal and external financial reports and managing certain aspects of accounting-centric systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely completion of all reconciliations assigned to the Staff Accountants and Financial Analysts. Assist in the allocation of new reconciliations and recurring tasks and ensure appropriate and equitable workloads across the department. Reporting, tracking, and resolution of aged and reconciling items.
- Support the ongoing enhancement of the Bank's accounting-centric systems, including increased reconciliation automation and reporting via business intelligence.
- Process, review, and approve journal entries, including verification of supporting documentation as required by established procedures.
- Support the identification and implementation of process change promoting greater efficiencies and manage the completion of projects as they arise in the Accounting department.
- Ensure the timely preparation and delivery of internal and external reports, including review for reasonableness and completeness prior to delivery.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Five or greater years relevant work experience, supervisory experience preferred
- Previous banking experience preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, including QlikSense a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must have strong inter-personal, influencing, negotiating, consensus building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Full supervision of Staff Accounting and/or Financial Analyst personnel