At Cable One (NYSE: CABO), and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, and an open and inclusive workplace.
As the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606. This will include reviewing customer and vendor contracts and working with our sales, marketing and billing operations teams when necessary. This position has direct contact with senior leadership, having substantial oversight responsibility in this functional area.
We are committed to maintaining the safety and well-being of our team, customers and the communities in which we live and serve. We are closely monitoring the impact of Covid-19 at a global and local level and are taking every precaution to keep our associates, customers and families safe. Meetings and interviews are being held virtually, and all associates that are able to work from home are entrusted to do so.
Benefits: Cable One appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans start your 1st day
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal, and sick days)
- 401(k) - 100% Company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of salary)
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)/ business travel life insurance
Plus other perks:
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Up to seventy-five dollars a month towards cable and internet services
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
- Associate recognition & award program
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
What this position does to contribute to the Company’s success:
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies, U.S. GAAP and statutory requirements with respect to revenue accounting and reporting.
- Completes balance sheet reviews.
- Provides internal and external audit support.
- Reviews significant transactions with external auditors and addresses questions or observations.
- Supports quarterly reporting requirements, including disclosure schedules and miscellaneous accounting matters
- Develops strong and collaborative working relationships with the leaders in the sales, product, billing, IT and marketing departments; maintain ongoing and constant communication with key leaders to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions for new initiatives.
- Participates in merger and acquisition diligence and integration activities
- Manages accounting processes, including journal entry preparation and approval, account reconciliations, month-end close procedures, and consolidations.
- Proactively monitors and operates a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley or similar requirements.
- Prepares technical accounting memos and presents them to senior management and auditors. This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
This position is directly responsible for managing up to 5 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Cultivates, pursues and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; and a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in the accounting profession. A Bachelor’s (B.A.) degree or higher in Business Administration, Financial Accounting, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred. Recent public accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Ability to work extra hours as needed to support the financial close.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal controls, including ASC 606 and ASC 842.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management.
- Superb attention to detail and strong planning and organization skills with concern for quality and deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Pre-hire processes: Cable One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.