The Accounting Manager provides a high-level of accounting support and performs a variety of accounting tasks of complexity and with a high level of confidentiality. He/she performs a variety of work utilizing judgment within prescribed standards and procedures and supervises the work of a small team of Accounting Analysts.
- Prepares, examines and/or analyzes accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Investigates budget variances and provides insightful explanations
- Reviews accounts for discrepancies and reconciles differences.
- Maintains the General Ledger (GL)
- Prepares adjusting journal entries.
- Comfortable consolidating financial results from multiple databases
- Interprets financial records and reports for management
- Assists with the integration of newly partnered firms (M&A)
- Reviews bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Owns the close calendar; ensures deadlines are met across the business segment
- Assists with financial audits and quarterly reviews
- Looks for opportunities to improve organizational processes.
- Presents solutions to issues and discrepancies to the appropriate leader
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience in Insurance accounting is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent computer skills in database management and record keeping.
- Moderate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibits professional skepticism.
- Must demonstrate the organization’s core values, exuding behavior aligned with the firm’s culture.