Our client is a leading manufacturer for products utilized for major retail outlets. Their accounting operations are essential to the ongoing efficiency of the company and they wish to hire a Accounting Manager that will be responsible for all aspects of financial statement preparation, financial analysis, internal controls, fixed asset accounting, tax filings & reporting, internal and external audits, and related functions.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Responsible for the monthly general ledger close, the preparation of financial reports and account reconciliations
- Maintaining the general ledger records in accurate condition and in accordance with GAAP regulations
- Maintaining the accounting records for the general ledger account system in an organized manner
- Providing complete account analysis and transaction research upon request by the Corporate Controller
- Assisting in the year-end audit process through the preparation of audit schedules, account analysis and providing explanations to auditor requests
- Compile composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of department
- Provides financial analysis and support to the Operations Team
- Manage day to day accounting operations and ensure there is a process in place for every critical operation
- Determines work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedites workflow
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
- 10-12 years comparable accounting experience
- Able to communicate effectively across the organization - excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership, organizational, planning, and follow-up skills. Ability to coach and mentor individuals within his/her team and drive accountability on outlined deliverables.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, Budgeting, Financial Reporting and general ledger software, AS400, Oracle R12, Sage Fixed Assets