5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
Our client is a major player in the food and retail industry and they own a number of diverse brands. Their back-office accounting operations are essential to the ongoing development and efficiency of the operation and they wish to hire an Accounting Manager that will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and auditing preparation.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely general ledgers. In addition, this position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, some financialreporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Work closely with operations team to provide ad hoc reports
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit..
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 5+ years Accounting experience
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Great Plains experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred