The General Ledger Manager is responsible for managing daily ARIA Campus varied accounting functions including preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and established company policies.
This position also directly supervises two Senior Accountants, including overall department team member development, hiring, firing, coaching, offering recommendations, promoting and/or accountable for any changes to an employee’s status. All duties are to be performed in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure journal entries are recorded to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned business units in the correct period including accruals of expenses, accruals of revenue, amortization of prepaid expenses, etc.
- Ensure team assigned tasks are completed timely and completion is appropriately documented to enable financial close in accordance with GAAP.
- Monitor and review general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that Due To/ From and inter-company records accurately reflect the accounting transactions between reportable segments and MGM Resorts International and are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Complete monthly financial statement review(s) to ensure the accounting records are accurate and in compliance with GAAP and MGM Resorts’ accounting policy.
- Assist the Director of Accounting with external and internal audit requests throughout the annual engagements.
- Manage the billing process between CityCenter and non-wholly owned business partners.
- Maintain all accounting records and practices to adhere to the MGM Resorts accounting policies and procedures across all assigned business units.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of ad-hoc requests including communication and responsiveness to requests.
- Assist Senior Accountants/Accountants in resolving issues or difficulties in performance of their work, knowing when issues should be escalated.
- Recommend new work procedures to Director and identifying potential improvements to work-flow involved in posting, summarizing, verifying, recording, balancing, reviewing and correcting transactions.
- Manage, participate and provide support to accomplish projects for system implementations and/or processes related improvements for internally or externally initiated projects to ensure that requirements are met and/or work is efficiently enhanced.
- Assist in the selection and hiring process for accountants on the team and assist in the accountants annual performance review.
- Have advanced knowledge of team functions and ensure all team members are adequately trained to effectively and efficiently perform their assigned tasks.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- At least 5 years of specific accounting experience.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Ability to create written documentation for system operations, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of MGM Resorts financial systems (Infinium, AS400, Showcase, Cognos Finance, Stratton Warren).
- Working knowledge of Excel including conditional formatting, advanced calculations/functions.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.