5 - 7 years
Posted 226 days ago
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for an Accounting Manager. This position will be located in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing professional accounting and financial analysis support for the Distribution Center management and operational areas. Under the direction of the Controller, this position directs and supervises accounting activities, transactions, financial close, reporting analytics, projections, and office services for the Distribution Center. Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information in the completion of both routine and special assignments under varying amounts of guidance and direction. This role will interface with all levels of the Company in addressing financial questions, results, and variances and procedures. Supervises and develops staff accountant / analysts and clerks that will vary in numbers based on size and complexity of the Distribution Center.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial records in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
* Guide transactional processing to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll as applicable.
* Work closely with Controller in the preparation and distribution of period financial statements.
* Complete period balance sheet reconciliation activity to confirm ledger accuracy.
* Monitor all general ledger activity to confirm accuracy of postings and promptly respond to any changes deemed necessary.
* Review expense payments including purchase card activity to confirm accuracy, procedures, and approval controls are adhered to.
* Ensure capital expenditures are properly controlled and accounted for and savings investment projects validated.
* Oversee the maintenance of Distribution Center financial records and the publication of financial statements.
* Interprets and analyzes financialreports and prepare recommendations concerning operation results to General Manager and Director and Senior Director, Supply Chain Finance.
* Participates in development and publication of daily, weekly, period, and quarterly financialreporting schedules.
* Interact with operational department managers regarding budget activity and actual results.
* Routinely collaborates with retail and distribution management and provides information and assistance as required.
* Provide ad/hoc reporting as requested by Controller or operational management areas.
* Perform Distribution Center analyses and studies for projects as required including all major outside wholesalers.
* Establishes and maintains accounting policies to affect adequate accounting controls to safeguard Company assets.
* Coordinates all budgeting and forecasting activities for the distribution center.
* Interfaces with the corporate and retailfinance departments to coordinate the accounting and financial analysis activities of the Distribution Center.
* Partner with Inventory Control area on financial controls and associated reporting of activity.
* Communicate with vendors to answer questions and provide back up to payment and deduction activity where needed.
* Develop staff members for future opportunities and as potential position succession alternatives.
* 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA and/or CPApreferred.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in accounting, planning, reporting and analysis experience with a Fortune 500 Company.
* At least 2 years' experience in a manager or supervisory role.
* Major consumer products or distribution industry experiencepreferred.
* Ability to think strategically and identify/execute appropriate action plans.
* Strong analytical and investigative research skills.
* Strong understanding of inventory system and how it relates to financialreports.
* Strong supervisory skills and ability to work with and though others to achieve desired results.
* Excellent project management and resource prioritization skills. Ability to develop realistic timelines and deliver results.
* Strong analytical skills to develop business proposals, including NPV and IRR analysis and experience in new business development, productivity analysis.
* Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, and Essbase.
* High degree of initiative and results orientation.
* Must excel in a fast-paced, high volume production operation with tight deadlines and high customer service expectations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Good interpersonal. Skills and desire to be a team player.
*Travel Requirements: Less than 10%.