Our client is a market leader in the services industry and their accounting operations are essential to the ongoing efficiency of the company. They wish to hire an Accounting Manager to oversee and ensure the accuracy of financial statements, monthly close activities, journal entries, reconciliations, variance explanations, and special projects and analysis. In addition, this role will provide leadership and mentoring to staff accountants and is instrumental to team development in line with company goals.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensure accuracy of consolidated financial statements, monthly close process/analytics, and high-level projects.
- Lead and mentor Accountants in accordance with company and team goals. Develop Staff Accountants through identification of opportunities for improvement, further enhancement of core strengths, and introduction to new competencies. Provide feedback through performance reviews.
- Oversee accuracy and punctuality of variance analysis, reconciliations, team analytics/projects, and journal entries.
- Assist and monitor team interaction with field locations and personnel. Ensure that all issues are accurately and timely resolved.
- Manage ad-hoc, high-level team and company special projects/tasks. Projects will involve improvement of processes and procedures relating to the core functions of Accounting Operations including, Revenue recognition, Reconciliations, Variance analysis, A/R, Allowances/Bad Debt, Inventory, and other related Policies and best business practices.
- Large project implementation
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 + years accounting experience required
- 2 + years Supervisory experience
- CPA or CPA track a plus
- Big 4 experience required
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills required
- Revenue Recognition experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel (pivots, v-lookups)
- Oracle experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and general accounting skills .