Affordable Care is seeking a Manager of Accounting Services reporting to the Controller. The Manager of Accounting Services is responsible for leading a team in performing accounting services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, patient refunds, bank account and credit card terminal setup, and other support services.
- Passion for understanding and improving processes. Thinks in terms of process flow.
- Customer service mindset. What more can we do to provide high quality service to our customers.
- Develops a deep understanding of transaction processes to identify challenges, roadblocks and opportunities to improve.
- Identifies and develops service level metrics so to monitor our performance.
- Leads implementation of technology to enable more efficient processing and capability to process increased transaction volume
- Reacts with urgency to process issues impacting customer by implementing actions to mitigate repeat occurrence.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure accuracy of payments and financial postings
- Partners with other departments, such as procurement, to support their business objectives
- Manages team’s workload, leads staff in learning new skills & solving process issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Experience with accounts payable processes & process improvement
- Adept at working with large volumes of transactions
- Demonstrated record of achieving customer satisfaction
- Comfortable with working in a rapid growth company, particularly one with a large number of locations (i.e. retail stores or branches)
- Demonstrate ability to identify and resolve process flow issues
- Driven to identify and accomplish personal and business goals
- Collaborative work style
- Effective time management, organizational and communication skills
- Searches for opportunities to improve and innovate using technology
- Possesses advanced Microsoft excel skills. Great Plains and Concur experience desirable.