Accounting Manager - Burlington, MA
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join and lead our US Accounting team here in the Burlington office. The Accounting Manager will oversee and manage the monthly close process for all five of our US entities. This person will also be closely monitoring cash applications, payroll and compliance requirements, making sure they are each fulfilled on time and to a high quality.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong accounting, management, and compliance experience, as well as the ability to manage change in a fast paced environment. They must have exceptional resource management and prioritization skills and be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. We need someone who is hands-on, dependable, and committed. Someone who is results orientated and can execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment. Like every other position at Acronis, we look for people who embody all 5 of our company values: responsive, alert, detail oriented, makes decisions and never gives up.
- Provide effective leadership and management for the entire close process for all 5 US entities, ensuring all responsibilities are delegated and completed on time.
- Manage team of 5 accounting professionals (Sr. Accountants, AP Specialist, Cash application Specialist and Payroll Specialist).
- Monitor daily Accounts Payable, daily Cash Applications, and bi-monthly payroll.
- Maintain accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end closings.
- Maintain the general ledger and review monthly account reconciliations.
- Review monthly and quarterly sales commission calculations and ensure compliance with Company commission policy.
- Manage quarterly bonus calculations and payouts, ensuring timely processing for payment.
- Record monthly debt entries.
- Reconcile monthly intercompany accounts.
- Review monthly transfer pricing.
- Manage sales and use tax.
- Manage payroll taxes across all states for each of the 5 US entities.
- Prepare audit schedules and work closely with external auditors for completion of timely audit.
- Provide guidance and oversight on key accounting policy, process/controls and technical accounting issues, including resolution recommendations where required and ensure procedures/operations comply with approved policies/procedures (Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Travel and Entertainment, and Fixed Assets).
- Maintain high standard of internal accounting documentation (policies, process, and controls).
- Establish, maintain, report, and continually improve performance against a set of effectiveness and efficiency benchmarks and provide recommendations regarding emerging best practices and technology in the accounting realm.
- Assist with the ongoing implementation of ERP system modules.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA or MBA in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ work experience.
- Prior experience in leadership role, managing accounting and financial functions and/or teams.
- Experience working with financial systems and programs, especially ERP systems.
- Experience and knowledge of payroll process, procedures, and systems (ADP is a plus)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and technical knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills both written and verbal, and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and complete objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent leadership and mentorship
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office