RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an Accounting Management Consultant, you will play an instrumental role in assisting clients in a variety of challenging projects to maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures and ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Lead month-end close process, including maintaining the general ledger and sub ledgers, prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and analyze account variances
- Direct operational accounting, reconciliation and reporting, communicate and follow up with business partners to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly reports as required by Client's policies and procedures, identify and implement process improvements and system enhancements
- Review client's policies and procedures to ensure SOX compliance
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree of Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 8-plus years of public accounting, related consulting or industry experience
- Experienced with general ledger accounting, month-end close, reconciliations, financial statements, variance analysis and strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with ERP systems and strong Excel
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels and a strong client service orientation.