You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Reporting directly to the director of Quality and Process Improvement, the Q&PI Project Manager/Black belt will create and execute actionable items that identify and eliminate waste/variation from the Shared Services organization’s core processes to better service our customers.
The Q&PI Project Manager (Lean Six Sigma Black/Green Belt) will be responsible for using the Lean Six Sigma methodology to lead small to medium sized transaction-oriented, end-to-end process projects and perform root cause analysis, driving process improvement efforts within the North America Shared Services organization.
This opportunity is perfect for the Project Management professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to implement standard operating procedure, apply Lean Six Sigma methodology – and begin your career with a leader in the aggregate and construction materials industry.
- Lead small to medium sized transaction oriented projects, aimed at incremental and breakthrough improvements in core end-to-end Finance & Accounting processes (eg. Receivables, Payables and Accounting)
- Use Lean Six Sigma methodology to perform root cause analysis in order to gather data to drive process improvements
- Track measurements on all key processes (KPIs)
- Track and report process improvement results, showing quantifiable cost benefits to the organization
- Develop a metrics driven culture to measure processes and people through dashboards to review operating performance and project impact.
- Optimize and standardize processes through BPMS and effective use of tools / digitization
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures (Standard operating procedures, training and exception documentation) for various processes;
- Apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology to assess the most significant leverage points within processes, quantify benefits of defect reduction, recommend implementation of improvements and monitor effects
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts through data focused thinking; perform process assessments identifying opportunities and prioritization
- Facilitate process improvement teams, including adherence to project plan/charter, assuming most rapid cycle time and maximum impact/benefit of tools
- Drive a process improvement mindset throughout the Shared Services organization
- Enforce strict compliance to internal controls and adherence to company policies
This position will be based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America and offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions. Amenities include a free fitness center, free covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer “Dress for Your Day” which gives our employees the discretion to select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of each workday.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Field required, with course work in math/statistics(preferred)
- Ability to work with tools and digitize with the objective to optimize and streamline
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- 3-5 years of Q&PI/Lean Six Sigma project experience
- Shared Services experience highly desirable e.g. AR, AP, GL Accounting, Credit, HR
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with large/complex cross functional teams and projects to the successful achievement of stretch goals
- Action oriented, quick learner who is ambitious and has experience in driving change and delivering results
- Demonstrated initiative, ownership & accountability a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships throughout the organization
- Cement, Aggregates, Ready Mix Concrete industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems and interfaces a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Solid project management and administrative skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project, Visio, and Share point