Accounting & Finance Manager
Our client is a market leader in the Pharmaceutical industry providing specialized treatment options for patients. They have a need for an Accounting and Finance Manager who will directly support the Finance Director and VP Finance, and the Executive Management Team and Operations, in understanding the financial performance of the business, and its statutory and tax obligations, in driving the performance of the business, and in safeguarding the assets and financial probity of the Company. The Accounting Manager will assume responsibility for the US Finance Function including but not limited to the provision of all internal and external financialreporting, tax compliance, internal control, working capital and cash management.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Deliver the US monthly management accounts and all related reporting requirements to strict timelines and ensure the accuracy of the financial results by the preparation of accurate and timely account analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepare and deliver all external reporting to strict timelines in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and accounting standards.
- Take ownership pf the US tax compliance function including but not limited to the preparation of the corporate tax returns.
- Take ownership of the US financial audit and ensure that audits are concluded in a timely manner.
- Manage the work of and provide guidance and mentoring to the US Senior Accountant.
- Manage US working capital and provide accurate and timely cash forecasts.
- Build strong and effective relationships with all strategic finance partners who perform outsourced functions for the Company.
- Responsible for oversight of the Company’s Revenue (Order to Cash) and Payable Cycles.
- Support tax planning within the Group including the implementation of the Group’s transfer pricing policy.
- Ensure adequate systems and procedures are in place to provide controls, safeguard the company’s assets and ensure the efficient execution of financial activities.
- Support the preparation of the budget and periodic forecasts.
- Support the business through the provision of proactive analysis and interpretation of business performance including the investigation of monthly variances to budget and forecast and the provision of financial information to enable informed operational decision-making.
- BS or BA in Accounting, Masters Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 4 years in public and/or corporate Accounting with general ledger and technical accounting experience
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience in tax compliance and a multi-national environment is preferred
- Recent experience managing direct reports
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is preferred