Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. (CCH) is a leader in providing total talent management including strategic workforce solutions, contingent staffing, permanent placement and other consultative services for healthcare clients. Leveraging nearly 35 years of expertise and insight, CCH solves complex labor-related challenges for clients while providing high-quality outcomes and exceptional patient care. As a multi-year Best of Staffing® Award winner, CCH is committed to excellence in delivery of its services and was the first public company to earn The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Health Care Staffing Services Certification with Distinction.
Primary responsibilities of this position include assisting in the preparation of the Company’s external financial reports including SEC filings, press releases, annual reports, and annual proxies, which will also include maintaining detailed workpapers supporting all amounts and statistical data included in these filings and reports. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the preparation of the SEC and GAAP disclosure checklists for all quarterly and annual filings. Other responsibilities include assisting in the preparation and documentation of financial debt covenant calculations, researching technical accounting and financial statement presentation issues and preparing related memos, and documentation preparation of accounting policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and consolidates detailed tie-out and analysis for quarterly SEC filings (10Qs, 8Ks, 10Ks), press releases, annual reports, and proxies to ensure consistency and accuracy. Will be required to work collaboratively with other Corporate departments to ensure proper support is obtained.
- Prepares footnotes and related disclosures for our SEC filings in accordance with GAAP and standard in accordance with a Public Company as defined by the SEC.
- Assists in the XBRL tagging review.
- Prepares quarterly debt compliance calculations and supporting workpapers.
- Prepares the press release charts and other analytical reports for quarterly filings.
- Researches technical accounting and financial statement presentation issues, communicates recommendations, and prepares related memos.
- Prepares documentation of accounting policies.
Education and Experience
- Must have a technical knowledge and relevant experience of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC reporting.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in accounting, with a minimum of 1 year of SEC reporting experience required.
- Public accounting experience with CPA certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills, advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization (including work papers skills), communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail along with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, but also a team player sharing project responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and show flexibility as needed.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures while maintaining a positive work environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Communicate and work in a respectful, supportive manner with all teammates.
- Demonstrate dependability, initiative, and accountability.
- Demonstrate company loyalty by supporting company goals and enforcement and modeling of company policies
Physical Demands of the Job
- Must be able to work at a computer, in a sitting position, for extended periods of time.