Are you an accounting professional with deep technical expertise and a passion for coming up with innovative solutions? Do you thrive on developing and motivating others? If you are looking for your next step after audit, we are in the process of expanding Deloitte’s accounting and reporting advisory practice. We are seeking professionals who want to build off of their existing audit knowledge and use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance and accounting departments. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations, and complex transaction support, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Manager you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance.
Work you’ll do
As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagements. You’ll closely work with the team to tackle accounting and other issues, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology. Other responsibilities will include:
- Be a trusted advisor to public and private clients to assist with accounting, financial reporting and internal control matters
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct
- Provide technical accounting advice, prepare detailed calculations and manage projects such as:Assist clients with the accounting and reporting aspects of transactions including acquisitions, equity, and debt etc.
- Revenue Recognition and related costs (ASC 606 and ASC 340-40)
- Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
- Stock-based compensation
- Derivatives and hedging
- Business combinations
- Foreign currencies
- Earnings per share
- Capitalization of internal use software and website development costs
- Assist clients will all financial and reporting aspects of an IPO
- Assist clients in complying with SEC financial reporting requirements (10Ks, 10Qs and other filings)
- Assist with drafting private and public company financial statements
- Assist clients in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors
- Perform data interrogation and analytics to assist in the above areas.
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our audit professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- 5-7 years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supervising teams
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Strong and up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements
- Proven experience in managing client relationships
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good project and time management skills
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
- Knowledge of IT systems such as Workiva, Netsuite, RevPro an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS or other international accounting standards an advantage.
Requisition code: E19ARAAMGRMB120-AU