Accounting and Finance Coordinator
The Accounting and Finance Coordinator is responsible for managing all client services for Inventures' clients to include both full-charge bookkeeping/finance and membership services. This position involves managing multiple priorities in a multi-task environment and requires strong organization skills, attention to detail, and accounting background.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain bank accounts and manage daily and monthly banking activity
- Process AR: perform collections, deposit payments, track wires, handle member Finance inquiries
- Process AP: obtain necessary internal approval for expense payment, pay invoices by wire/check, handle vendor inquiries
- Perform Bookkeeping in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial and cash flow accounts
- Administer annual operating budget, and offer monthly reporting of YTD actuals against budget
- Work with CPA* to prepare/file annual tax return and audits
- Secure and maintain necessary insurance policies
- Research investments accounts and obtain them as needed
- Create financial and membership status presentations
- Monitor and react to customer queries and support requests
- Create and maintain internal/external databases/lists
- Create membership ad hoc reports
- Provide professional service to client requests
- Provide training for clients on using Inventures portal
- Manage and complete special projects as needed
This Role Might Be for You If You…
- Excel in managing multiple priorities
- Possess well-developed critical thinking skills
- Love to delight customers and help them solve problems that arise
- Have well established rapport building skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and can spot any data inaccuracy
- Are able to thrive in an autonomous capacity
- Are proactive and regularly looking for improvement opportunities
Education & Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 5-plus years of relevant professional experience
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
What is Inventures?
Inventures helps innovative leaders develop, launch, manage and grow industry alliances and consortiums. These alliances help their stakeholders collaborate, accelerate innovation and develop thriving ecosystems to realize commercial opportunities that touch people’s lives around the world. Inventures’ experienced professionals deliver maximum benefits by leveraging unparalleled skills, expertise and best practices, as well as the industry’s most comprehensive resource base.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.