Job Description - Accounting and Compliance, Sr. Analyst (AHM0005SK)
Accounting and Compliance, Sr. Analyst(Job Number: AHM0005SK)
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Size/scope of American Honda’s accounting and financial compliance activities continues to expand due to internal mergers, along with emerging business transactions and strategic partnerships – while audit/compliance risk remains high. This role (directly reporting to the Sr. Manager) will support various groups/units within the Department through additional reviews, validations and pre-checks over high-risk financial areas to ensure material accuracy of financial statements and maintain the effectiveness of financial reporting controls.
This position will also support from a finance/compliance viewpoint (i.e. oversee and/or lead in most instances) projects related to new lines of business, which Honda continues to engage in.
- Perform additional reviews, validations and pre-checks over high-risk financial areas – including but not limited to the following: (a) complex accounting entries generated by the Product or Corporate segments; (b) critical account analyses and management reports; (c) new control activities to address emerging business transactions or new lines of business
- Support (and in most instances, lead/oversee – i.e. finance project management) business projects with impact to accounting and financial reporting. Related to this, prepare reports/presentation materials to explain the project status, highlighting the effects on accounting activities, as well as key deliverables expected of Finance
- Collaborate and liaise with various units/groups within the Department, as well as broader Finance Business Unit, for financial reporting or compliance issue resolution.
- Involvement (incl. leaderhip/project lead role in some instances) in projects/non-recurring tasks for various issues that impact AHM’s and NA Honda’s broader finance and accounting standardization activities, including future efforts towards automation, digital audit and other financial reporting process efficiencies.
- BA/BS Degree with Major in Accounting
- CPA - highly preferred
- Minimum 8 years accounting/financial reporting compliance experience – public accounting and private industry experience combined, of which 4+ years spent in public accounting
- Involvement in business and/or finance implementation projects (leadership role – preferred)
- Strong knowledge of automotive industry accounting (or consumer markets industry) – preferred