Job ID #: 16915
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. We are recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients around the world. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
We are looking to add an Accounting Analyst / Manager to our Pay Group. Ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of overriding accounting principles, consideration of the importance of audit and policy setting, understanding mutual Fund regulatory requirements within an analytical mindset.
- Practical operational mutual fund accounting experience in a Fund Accounting role or Mutual Fund auditexperience. This will be essential for interpreting accounting data in proper context.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting constructs to portfolio management teams who are typically largely focused on economic models.
- Experience providing exceptional internal customer service for demanding end users.
- Exposure to tax regulations and how adjustments based on regulations will impact book basis figures.
- Experience with securities modeling to ascertain current value and timing of capital gain/loss and income recognition with ability to bridge economic and accounting models to provide a complete and accurate picture of trending through time.
- Experience with heavy Excel and market data to validate calculations, build models and gain perspective on future events that may impact current analyses.
- Management experience as position will be responsible for one senior associate level direct report. The manager will be required to train, advise and oversee deliverables for staff.
- Ability to communicate with various parties as required: 3rd party vendors, fund accounting team, product strategists, PM team, and senior level executives. Will also be required to develop and deliver requirements to technology teams.
- Ability to utilize knowledge base to provide meaningful insight into data. Exhibit sound decision-making ability considering data risks and operational inefficiencies.
- Solid operator with proven ability to execute on tasks especially in the face of challenges. Ability to learn and grow in a professional and deliberate manner.
- 5-7years of fixed income experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA and/or CFA required
- A firm understanding of mutual funds and fund accounting (including accounting systems) with exposure to a broad range of fund structures a plus
- Direct experience with front office support or reporting
- Understanding of GAAP & Tax rules applicable to US registered funds; familiarity with IFRS or otherGAAP/Tax a plus
- Detailed knowledge of various asset types; fixed income, equity, derivatives, and other securities
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and data management skills (Excel usage, Bloomberg, Macro writing, Database queries, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff through delegation and coaching
- Excellent communication skills, effective presentation skills
- Ability to independently interact at senior levels
- Risk and control minded to aid in the on-going oversight of third party fund accounting service providers
- Highly organized; documentation advocate; process and quality control minded with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.