Ensures the integrity of Company's General Ledger and Financial Statements by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions in accordance with company policy and accounting principles. Actively assesses opportunities to continually enhance the close to report process, including systems-based improvements and procedural updates to build on making the close to report process more efficient and transparent.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and practices to ensure the integrity of Company's General Ledger. Perform month-end close which includes reviewing and posting of all inventory related automated journal entries. This includes, maintenance of inventory rollforward, and preparation and posting of journal entries for inventory usage variances, shipping accruals and manufacturing variance close-outs. Review and post divisional journal entries.
- Review Plant and Selling Region Financial Statements for accuracy and provide commentary for variances exceeding expectations. Where necessary, resolve discrepancies and prepare and post journal entries.
- Reconcile and analyze all inventory in-transit and payable accounts. Prepare any adjusting journal entries.
- Provide support for Plant Controllers and other accountants within the department. Assist with resolving issues and serve as a resource to the team and others in Manager's absence. Act as a liaison between the plant and headquarters.
- Reconcile and analyze various General Ledger accounts. Prepare any adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare and assist in external audit, tax reporting and other regulatory requirements.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility. Resolve issues and serve as a resource for accounting procedures and policies.
- Collaborate and contribute to department and company strategic initiatives as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a related field.
- Prior manufacturing experience is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principle and practices.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and perform tasks consistently and accurately.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Prior JD Edwards/Oracle experience is desirable.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and organizational skills to ensure the integrity and quality of work deliverables.