Date: Sep 8, 2019
Location: Parkersburg, WV, US, 26101 Charleston, WV, US, 25301 Morgantown, WV, US, 26505
Company: United Bank
Responsible for a large segment of the company's general accounting, tax, and financial analysis activities. Regularly provides strategic financial advice and guidance to senior management. Maintains and develops accounting systems and procedures to ensure adequate accounting and control for various accounting functions. Provides management with accurate and timely Financial Statements as well as reports for all entries included in the general ledger structure.
- Process and handle various Federal and State tax filings and calculations for all companies.
- Assist in the calculation of various income tax amounts such as the effective tax rate, deferred taxes, and SEC reporting disclosures related to income taxes.
- Perform financial analysis including fluctuation analysis, budget-to-actual variance analysis, and profitability analysis.
- Lead on the implementation and analysis of new accounting standards.
- Work closely with external reporting on any required financial statement disclosures or issues.
- Work closely with upper management when a merger is taking place (i.e. calculation of purchase price allocation, goodwill adjustments, required adjustments to the general ledger, etc.).
- Work closely with technical accounting areas such as Derivatives, CECL, Pension Accounting, Deferred Compensation, Mortgage Banking, etc.
- Work closely with upper management, internal auditors, and external auditors in the preparation and maintenance of proper internal controls.
- Balancing monthly general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and deliver monthly and ad hoc financial reporting to Executive Management.
- May supervise, motivate and manage performance of junior accounting staff
- Collaborate with Senior and Executive Management on projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related working experience required, tax accounting experience is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
- Big Four or other public accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a Banking environment is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge required
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced deadline driven environment required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate with all levels of bank management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to perform complex accounting and mathematical calculations
- Accounting Principles
- Professional Integrity
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.