Provides advanced professional accounting expertise to ensure that transactions are accurately recorded, analyzed, and reported in a timely, cost-effective manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) and in compliance with regulatory, state and federal requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal controls over financialreporting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes (procure to pay, order to cash, record to report, capital asset accounting, etc.)
- Development of solid understanding of economic factors affecting the company’s business.
- Proficiency in current versions of Microsoft Excel and Word required and ERP/Financial Systems (Oracle and Essbase) a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments and insight into the “why” as well as the “how”.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced technical knowledge and ability to apply accounting theory and principles
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management across departments ° - Adapts effectively to new and changing environments
- Strong attention to detail, as well as demonstrated problem-solving and independent decision-making capabilities
- Strong analytical skills with experience performing detailed finanical statement flux analysis with advanced documentation and investigative skills
- Exceptional organization, time-management, and prioritization skills, as well as on-the-job flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Works independently through the use of initiative and self-motivation
Minimum Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- CPA or CPA candidatepreferred.
- Typically 5+ years relevant experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Expected to serve as a resource to others for knowledge transfer, training and checking work.
- May occasionally lead a special project or team.