Position : Accountant
Location : San Antonio, TX
Duration : 12+ Month(s) Contract
Start Time : 8:00 AM
End Time : 5:00 PM
Total Hours/week : 40.00
· Reporting to a tenured Accountant and/or a Team Leader, this position is responsible for supporting a mix of large and small business units.
· This includes preparing and posting various monthly journal entries and performing the necessary reporting for each of these businesses.
· This position will be responsible to interact and communicate with the respective business units in order to facilitate any special operating and/or reporting requirements. In addition, this position will be required to prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and quarterly reporting, including flux analysis. Annually this position will assist in the preparation of the tax package schedules for various companies and the preparation of additional year-end reporting requirements.
· The Accountant will also participate in SOX testing and special projects.
· They will assist in the preparation of ad-hocreports, as necessary.
· A person in this position is responsible to assure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Work in multiple ERP environments while developing standard processes around these environments.
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of general accounting activities in accordance with month and year end reporting deadlines.
· Ensure that all processes and policies are compliant with Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
· Assist internal/external auditors in periodic audits • Identify and implement processes improvements in the GL system by researching and assessing established standardized work flow procedures and policies • Communicate directly with multiple functions and businesses and senior management within the organization • Ability to identify areas of issue and provide resolution
· Ability to work in a self-directed manner with little direct supervision • Ability to assist with workload balancing within a Team
• BS/BA in Accounting or other Finance related degree from an accredited university
• Minimum 1yearexperience in General Accounting
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience in working in a regional or global shared service environment
• Direct experience in SAP6.0
• Direct experience in Blackline Reconciliation Module