Must be a local candidate
- Vertex Experience with tax returns
- Experience using Oracle
- Excel (Intermediate to advance skills such as Vlook-up, Pivot tables, etc…)
- Experience working with tax returns, consumer's used tax review, e-filing tax returns, journal entries, reviewing tax on purchases or invoices with tax
- Able to review tax exemption certification
- This position will Prepare sales and use tax returns, related schedules, and related reports and maintains tax exemption documents.
- Key Responsibilities (“Do”)
- Prepare and review sales and use tax returns for multi-states, to comply with state and local regulations
- Reviews purchase invoices from Accounts Payable to determine use tax liability and self-accrue use taxes as required.
- Maintains and update customers’ sales tax exemption certificates.
- Gathers required documents for sales tax audits.
- Ensure compliance with state and local regulations.
- Other Expectations
- The incumbent in this position should possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of three year sales and use tax related experience.
- Strong Excel skills are required
- He/she also should be knowledgeable of sales tax laws and regulations with the ability to research specific tax issues.
- Oracle experience a plus