Manages all accounting, including revenue recognition, expense recording, and timely and accurate closes. Ensures the preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely reporting of financial statements and otherfinancial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements. Keeps abreast of changes to accounting requirements to ensure ongoing compliance. Develops and implements company wide accounting policies in conformance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements. Prepares period-by-period analyses and explains significant account variances. Develops and implements cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk. Monitors compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements.
- Support the monthly accounting close cycle
- Provide accounting guidance and support to the regions and business units
- Ensure consistency of accounting for the transactions and agreements amongst all regions and business units
- Perform and/or review account reconciliations
- Work closely with many individuals in Worlwide Finance, regions and business units to gather information for analyses
- Prepare monthly reporting summary for senior management
- Assist with external auditor's requests
- Attend quarterly meetings with regions/business units for updates on transactions and new agreements
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting and designation of Certified Public Accountantrequired. Advanced degreepreferred.
Knowledge / Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with broad knowledge of public and private accounting
- Proficient PC skills, especially MS Excel, and strong analytical skills
- Provide assistance with financialreporting or special projects as needed