Manchester Tank is seeking qualified candidates for an Accountant position located in Franklin, TN. Manchester Tank is a global leader in the design and manufacture of steel and aluminum tanks, and pressure vessels. Founded in 1946, and headquartered near Nashville, TN, the company produces a broad range of products for the storage and transport of propane, chemicals, compressed air and otherindustrial applications.
Manchester Tank operates four production facilities and three distributions centers. The company also operates production facilities in South America and Australia. Manchester Tank is part of the McWane family of businesses-a private company engaged in manufacture, marketing, and distribution of industrial products, such as, pipes, fittings & valves for municipal water systems, fire extinguishing equipment and tanks.
This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for the monthly financial close responsibilities detailed below along with the coordination of and assistance with annual physical inventories.
- Subledger closings: close inventory systems and post (via interface) general ledger.
- Oversee/perform maintenance and analysis of plant general ledgers for assigned manufacturing plants and/or distribution centers.
- Prepare, review and distribute Franklin Service and Distribution Centers financial statements to assist in meeting 3 and 1/2 day consolidation schedule.
- Assist with preparation and review of consolidated monthly financialreports and publication of financial results.
- Provide reports and research support for departments within the corporate office (including assistance to controller and CFO).
- Provide research assistance and analysis of plant operating results for annual budget process, including development of plant spending budgets and hourly rates.
- Perform Accounts Payable function for the Franklin Service Center ledger – additionally execute all vendor payments for plants
- Assist with the accounting and maintenance of Product Liability cases as needed
- AX Team Lead for Accounts Payable function
- Preparation of weekly business status report for Franklin Service Center team
- Processing workers compensationclaims in the STARS Enterprise system and balancing to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Calculating and processing the payments for commissions and customer rebates each month
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Five years manufacturing accounting experience, preferably in a multi-plant environment with integrated cost account/manufacturing control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with accounting emphasis.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail
- Self-starter; ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate well with plant and corporate contacts, including senior management.
- Team player; creates/maintains an open, honest atmosphere where ideas are exchanged freely at all levels.
- Strong personal computer skills; in-dept knowledge of Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.