The Accountant III performs various management and accounting activities that facilitate the flow and reporting of financial information
- Prepares journal entries with adequate supporting documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Records monthly Fixed Assets additions & deletions in subsidiary ledger and assigns useful life according to AHA guidelines.
- Prepares accurate and timely Fixed Assets reports, with supporting documentation each month and prepares other reports from the Fixed Asset subsidiary ledger as assigned.
- Reconciles the Fixed Assets ledger, and other assigned balance sheet accounts in a timely and accurate manner (by the end of the following month, and all reconciling items cleared properly within 60 days after reconciliation date).
- Verifies capital asset purchase requests against approved budget and takes proper action for differences.
- Maintains an ongoing review process in areas of responsibilities to assure the accuracy of financial records.
- Records completed CIP projects in order to record depreciation in a timely manner in General Ledger and Fixed Asset Subsidiary Ledger.
- Maintains good communication with various departments, and good co-ordination to facilitate accurate and timely preparation of the monthly fixed assets reports.
- Assists in the completion of the audit and required reporting.
- Coordinates physical inventory of capital assets.
- Performs other accounting activities and special projects as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains written procedures for assigned areas.
- Participates in the General Accounting cross training program.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting.
- 5 plus years’ of accounting/finance experience.
- 2 plus years of hands-on experience with complex, computer applications in a corporate, computer network environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting.
- 2 plus years’ work experience in the area of fixed asset accounting.
- 2 plus years of work experience in a hospital and/or health insurance industry.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- 2 plus years training in network-based, computer applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, data bases and word processing.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Req #: 6036