This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with minimum twelve (12) hours college accounting courses and five (5) years progressively responsible experience in governmental and/or commercial accounting.
- Maintains internal accounting procedures, clerical operation, and workflow to maximize efficiency.
- Advises management personnel relative to planning and revising budgets to ensure monies are expended correctly and no financial difficulties occur as result of inadequate planning or underestimates of projected expenses.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reports, schedules for such financial reports, and other special reports as required.
- Approves expense vouchers.
- Verifies ledgers for correctness and maintenance of adequate balances and reconciles monthly and annual reports.
- May supervise posting of entries to such ledgers as general, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Examines postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- May determine work priorities for staff of lower level Accountants and/or Accounting Clerks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.