The Accountant will primarily be responsible for the quarterly and annual reporting for designated legal entities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting for multiple reporting bases (IFRS, GAAP, Statutory)
- Prepare and reconcile related Statutory Annual Statement Exhibits, schedules and surveys.
- Prepare quarterly and annual analytics to support management review and understanding of results.
- Perform quarterly balance sheet account analysis.
- Provide support for external and internal audit functions and state examinations as necessary.
- Provide support for quarterly tax calculations and annual tax returns.
- Actively participate in developing and implementing process improvements to improve accounting related items
- Test and analyze accounting systems as required for implementation of new systems or changes to existing platforms.
- Perform accounting and general ledger research.
- Prepare and/or upload entries to administrative system or general ledger.
- Work closely with Actuarial, Operations and Finance staff to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedural documentation.
- Complete special assignments & projects for the department as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requiredexperience, education & competencies
- 2+ years of financial analysis, financialaudit, internal audit or public accounting work experience (Life Insurance or Reinsurance preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles & financialreporting.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; must be extremely detail oriented & effective in production-oriented environment; must be able to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce a high quality work product; commitment to accuracy and excellence.
- Advanced PC spreadsheet skills in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel & Access.
- Demonstrated problem identification & resolution skills.
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary, particularly at quarter-end.