Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
- Oversees the efficient set-up and documentation of bank accounts and the prompt processing and banking of cash receipts;
- Sets policy for monitoring day-to-day bank balances;
- develops procedures and controls for the handling of cash receipts and disbursements; decides the proper accounting treatment; manages the movement of funds to third parties or between accounts assuring adequate balances to meet current obligations.
- Models/ maintains monthly and annual corporate cash flow projections as a component of the global cash management strategy.
- Develops new processes and procedures or recommends system modifications as required within FM Global systems and between FM Global and bank systems; troubleshoots system configuration issues as they arise.
- Provides analytical support to the Cash Manager, as needed.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/ finance or business
- Graduate degree a plus (MBA)
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, CTP)
- 5+ years experience in accounting/financial reporting
- Banking industry knowledge preferred
- Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (PeopleSoft, Microsoft Excel)
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on tasks on hand
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and self-direct work efforts