Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant III in our Atlanta location!
This individual will beresponsiblefor the following:
- Support the month/quarter end close process
Prepare complex journal entries monthly and quarterly
- Prepare account reconciliations with applicable supporting schedules
- Assist with analytics explaining significant variances on the GAAP Financial Statements
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulation; proactively manages change in regulatory requirements with stakeholders; serves as subject matter expert for accounting and reporting
- Assist with research on accounting issues
- Adhere to SOX Control requirements.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors
- Participate in department projects
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Perform other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
• 5years of general accounting experience