The Accountant II is responsible for delivering individual results in alignment with the Commission department's strategic and operational objectives.
- Process, reconcile and review commission transactions to ensure financial integrity of compensation programs.
- Assist in documenting, identifying, monitoring, and proactively improving business processes, systems, and controls related to area of responsibility.
- Respond timely and accurately to service inquiries related to FA commissions.
- Support system design, documentation, testing, and implementation to ensure the department's requirements are met.
- Prepare and summarize firm financial and operational reports for department leadership in order to influence decision making.
- Bachelordegree is in related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Financial services industry experiencepreferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- General knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to implement necessary controls
- Must have good verbal communication skills and customer service orientation to manage department's service inquiries.
- Ability to solve problems, recommend and implement solutions.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients.
Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.