The Accountant II – Accounts Payable will handle vendor invoice processing, three-way match, payments and reconciliation of accounts. This role will also be responsible for monthly accruals and will perform general bookkeeping.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices and recording entries
- Perform vendor/account analysis, statement reconciliations and related transactions
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; requesting W9s; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; requesting stop-payments
- Perform outstanding checks reconciliation on a periodic basis
- Process international vendors' invoices. Schedule and process wire payments
- Process Freight EDI invoices
- Perform monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, recording adjusting and reclassification of journal entries, if necessary
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Files AP checks and invoices
- Provides documentation and explanation for auditor's requests
- Maintain financial security by following JSOX and financial audit procedures
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Work overtime when needed to meet business needs including accounting deadlines
- Work with Accounting Supervisor on various projects
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher, Accounting or Business concentration
- 5+ years of experience successfully and accurately handling core duties in Accounts Payable (A/P) position or equivalent position in a moderately complex mid to large company preferred and/or manufacturing or other production environment.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office programs, data and 10-key accuracy.
- Intermediate Excel experience needed.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), superb interpersonal skills
- Strong work-ethic is critical for success in this position.
- JDE, Oracle systems, or similar.