* Responsible for the month-end consolidations function, specifically relating to the reconciliation of investment and equity company relationships as well as intercompany and HFM clearing accounts.
* Prepare intercompany cash and equity settlements with a focus on SEC filers, partnerships, and guarantor non-guarantor.
* Assist with the accounting and maintenance of reporting within SAP/HFM, specifically with respect to consolidations and the legal entity hierarchy structure of NRG.
* Prepare and develop various consolidations analysis to be used as tools to identify drivers of variances that may occur during the month-end consolidations reconciliations process.
* Perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close of NRG.
* Assist with month-end closing functions in SAP/HFM, specifically, but not limited to consolidations function.
* Prepare designated account reconciliations in accordance with company policy.
* Prepare analysis of financial results to provide a meaningful understanding of financial activity and variances as required by the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting departments
* Prepare reconciliations between SAP/HFM/HPM and assist in variance resolution.
* Assist with Sarbanes Oxley testing.
* Assist with special projects as requested.
* Bachelor?s degree with in accounting with two to five years of experience in accounting and/or financial reporting.
* Knowledge of accounting software, specifically SAP/HFM preferred.
* Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets and/or databases.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Good working knowledge of GAAP.
* Proven attention to detail; demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
* Big 4 public accounting and CPA certification/MBA is preferred.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to set priorities and respond to changing demands from multiple sources.