Continental Structural Plastics (CSP) is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. CSP offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking an Accountant for our Carey, Ohio Plant.
This is an opportunity with an automotive supplier to develop into an assistant/plant controller with future potential re-location at our corporate office or another facility in our North America operations.
This position will support by assisting in monthly closing and compliance activities process improvement and projects on an as needed basis. Candidate will be familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes Oxley controls relevant to public company requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
This position reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for accounting duties including but not limited to the following:
- Capital Spending/Fixed Asset Tracking and Reconciliation
- Current and Standard Cost Management
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to support plant and corporate inquiries by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Track, report, and analyze purchase price variances, material usage variances, labor efficiency, other variances, etc.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Assist in monthly closing activities such as journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare month-end and year-end schedules
- Assist with Accounts Payable.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is required.
- Five years of experience in the accounting field in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with standard costs in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Analytical, proactive, and detail oriented.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills including Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prior experience with ERP system(s) in a manufacturing environment – preferably QAD.