General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Contract/Revenue Accountant located at the facilities in Poway, CA. This position, under general direction, is responsible for all aspects of accounting for contracts with customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that periodic revenues are recognized in compliance with US GAAP and applicable company policies.
- Perform research and prepare technical accounting memos as needed, especially for unique and complex contracts.
- Contribute to analyses and recommendations of needed process and system improvements to accommodate the requirements of revenue recognition guidance.
- Work within multiple teams and various business functions across the Company.
- Support compliance with external audits.
- Participate in special projects as assigned or required.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of all information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience with a master's degree. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience within a Big 4 firm or national firm is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in a financial reporting support role within a private company a plus. Experience at a government contractor a plus.
- Solid foundation in understanding and applying authoritative US GAAP and experience in performing complex technical research and analysis of non-routine revenue-related transactions.
- Must have an eye for facts-and-circumstances details, the ability to detect nuances, and the ability to understand the direct and indirect consequences of applied guidance to existing and pending transactions.
- Able to multitask efficiently, meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.