Our client is a well-known and long-established firm in the scientific / tech sector. They continue to evolve and meet the needs of the information economy and are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their team.
Core responsibilities are what you would expect, and more:
- Monthly financial statement closings and related financialreporting
- Making sure accounting subsystems are posted to the general ledger
- Overseeing maintenance and updating of the general ledger chart of accounts
- Supervising the maintenance and creation of financialreports foe senior management
- Timely analysis and composition of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of bank accounts, and performing cash flow management activities to ensure cash flow targets are met
Beyond these responsibilities, our client is looking to enhance and improve their workflow and practices, and better leverage the tools in their environment. This is where the magic happens, where you can leverage your background and help contribute to a world class accounting and finance organization. Plus, as you prove yourself, there are special projects that come up where your expertise can be put to use.
WHAT IT TAKES
There's a combination of skills, experience, and aptitudes that will make a person successful in this role:
- Four (4) or more years in the role of Accountant, with experience in month end closing, ledger maintenance / management, reconciliations, etc. as noted above.
- Experience and aptitude working with enterprise software systems for accounting. Peoplesoft is really needed, and Hyperion is a plus. .
- Related, familiarity with other software and a knack for creating reports and leveraging tools is a plus.
- Work habits that reflect taking ownership of your responsibilities, and getting things done without being micro managed, yet knowing when to ask for insight
- Dedication to the profession and continual growth / improvement as evidenced by earning or working towards CPA designation.
- A sense of curiosity and an eye towards constant improvement.
- Ability to rapidly develop positive working relationships with a variety of people, both inside and outside of the department and organization.