The Senior Staff Accountant works directly with the Manager focusing on Intercompany, Design and Development accounting, Fixed Assets, and General Ledger. The Senior Staff Accountant will also be responsible for the review of the staff accountants’ journal entries and account reconciliations. This position will have a direct and frequent interaction with operations and emphasis on importance of interacting with internalcustomers as well as influencing skills.
What you'll do
Intercompany Profit Eliminations
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting between entities
- Work with business partners to ensure correct profit eliminations have taken place
- Perform analysis and financial research, providing feedback to Manager.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of account reconciliations, with complete understanding of all outstanding balances
- Review account reconciliations prepared by staff accountants in Black-Line
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by creating, activating, and deactivating general account codes
- Meet all external reporting requirements
- Prepare payroll and bonus related journal entries and review standard journal entries prepared by the staff accountants
- Assist with audit requests as required
- Complete all tasks within prescribed time frames
- Support all process improvements through the Finance Department
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, in Accounting , or related field
- Demonstrable skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or equivalent required, preferably in gaming
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to work independently and be team oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects
- Must possess a strong ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Proficiency in accounting and financial computer software
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at desk/workstation while working on computer.
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules.
- Report hazardous conditions to management.
Report any job related injury or illness to management, and seek treatment
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success