Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing,
information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
is seeking a self-driven and analytical savvy professional to join
their Accounting team, located in South Portland, Maine. As an Accountant 3, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for a cutting-edge growing company.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more
- accounting processes: general ledger journal entries, reconciliations
- and reporting in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
- Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensure integration of data produced into systems and support objectives of financial analysts.
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills by ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Participate in annual audits and special projects relevant to the general ledger accounting team.
- collaborate with external consultants or auditors to provide required
- information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes.
- Provide global assistance to WEX close process:
- Participate in special projects impacting the accounting area.
- Respond to requests for financial information from internal and external customers.
- Assist and lead special projects.
- Represent the accounting department on new initiatives.
- Identify areas of reporting risk to the Company.
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions in a controlled, compliant and efficient manner as applicable.
- and oversee corporate accounting control and financial treatment over a
- group of accounts within a given specialized area.
- classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance
- with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Review and posting of journal entries (as applicable).
- corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate
- controls and compliance with guiding accounting principles, concepts,
- and practices.
- Provide guidance on accounting treatments to other departments.
- Take the lead in providing analysis of financial results including variance analysis and trend analysis.
- Assist with the review of all general ledger accounts to identify significant variance activity.
- Provide information and assistance to the Company's internal and external auditors.
- Streamline the accounting processes and procedures to increase productivity and accuracy.
- Enforce the policies and procedures to mitigate financial risk and enhance the control environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required in related field, CPA/MBA preferred.
- 5-8+ Years of direct accounting experience: GAAP
- Proven success at analyzing data to explain trends, ratio, drivers, and providing solutions to findings.
- Experience using Peoplesoft, HFM, or related financial systems
- Unquestioned integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with impact
- Experience in working for a multinational organization with multi-currency foreign subsidiaries preferred.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
· 401(k) Plan
· Adoption Assistance
· Bonus Plan
· Dental Insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Referral Award Program
· Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
· Extended Parental Leave
· Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance/AD&D
· On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
· Pet Insurance
· Paid Time Off(PTO)
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
· Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability