We currently have an opening for a talented COST ANALYST at our Torrance, Californialocation. In this position you will provide analytical and strategicsupport by understanding all planned assumptions, identifying and interpreting all variances, and communicating information in a way that enables the management team to take appropriate action. You’ll be directlyresponsible for all necessaryinventory-related entries during the month and at month-end for closing purposes, and perform analysis of material usage variances and cost of non-conformance. Otherresponsibilitieswill include:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data regarding actual and projected manufacturing costs, labor, scrap, raw material, and efficiency metrics to determine the cost, trends and effects on the business.
- Supporting and organizing physical inventories and cycle counts, monitoring inventory levels, and calculating costs of excess and obsolete items.
- Preparing overhead and other rates to supportinternal planning and analysis.
- Preparing rate submissions for the DCAA/DCMA and providing auditsupport.
- Preparing margin analysis reports to support special projects.
- Fully supporting the month-to-month forecast process and variance analysis at month-end close.
- Preparing analysis to support the division’s Annual Plan.
- Participating in the budget development process.
- Playing an active role in day-to-day Finance operations and actively participating in continuous improvement programs.
- Using analysis skills and practical understanding of Lean principles to work with departments within the organization, making determinations and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Working directly with the Controller on special projects.
You will need at least sevenyears of cost accountingexperience in a manufacturing setting. Otherqualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
- Government contract accounting experience and ASC 606 (familiarity with FAR/CAS a plus).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with superior Excel skills.
- Proficiency with ERP systems; experience with Infor or BAAN software preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is necessary, with an MBA or CPA/CMA preferred.