Ketchum’s Dallas office is looking to add an Account Supervisor to work on a large growing account within our newly designed Energy and Industry group. We need a strong writer, someone with strong project management skills and someone who excels in a fast-paced work environment.
This is a truly awesome opportunity to work on high profile clients, doing meaningful work. Ideal candidate is a project manager guru, someone with experience working on large bands, exceptional media relations skills, internal communications know how and an understanding of purpose work, including NGO partnerships and corporate responsibility.
We are more than just a public relations & communications agency. We change the game with every campaign we touch for our clients through innovative and out the box ideas we manifest. In a culture, which is fast moving, fun and collaborative; we are seeking only those who can inspire others, who are fearless and consider themselves one of the best in the business. Is that you? If so, stop reading and start applying.
About the Job
- Perform a wide range of duties including development of client programs, strategic planning, staff development and financial management. Serve as key liaison among client, account team and agency management
- Experience supporting internal communications
- Passion for CSR and sustainability
- Manage day-to-day account needs
- Act as primary contact to clients, continually fostering client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to clients
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address clients’ needs
- Troubleshoot client’s problems as they arise; seek senior management input whenever appropriate
- Motivate team members by promptly reviewing work and providing constructive feedback; encourage team to take advantage of training and development opportunities
- Assist account team(s) in working effectively and in the best interest of client(s)
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing materials including client press releases, byline articles, correspondence and reports
- Strive to develop the best communication and presentation skills possible to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others
- Manage account financials including budget allocation and control, time sheets, client billing, supplier invoicing and purchase orders; ensure team billability and account profitability
- Access agency’s network of resources to deliver greatest value to clients
- Work with account team(s) to build incremental business
- Communicate account status to agency management regularly
- Participate in new business programming and presentations
- Demonstrate and develop presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials, including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondences and reports.
- Stay on top of trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Six plus years of agency and/or in house public relations experienceworking with clients in energy, chemicals and/or industrial manufacturing
- Internal communications experience or environmental sustainability experience ideal
- Demonstrated track record in building client relationships and delivering programs that exceeded anticipated results
- Broad-based exposure to all skill areas, including proposal planning, writing and presentations, media relations, and consultative selling