Account Supervisor, Consumer
Cone, a Porter Novelli company, is a nationally-recognized public relations and marketing agency that’s Always Making a Difference? for businesses, brands, and society. We are seeking a creative, team-oriented, mid-level candidate with 5-8 years of agency experience and a passion for media relations, particularly for consumer product goods/brands.
For the second consecutive year, Cone Communications has been named PR News’ Top Place to Work. Recognized for its best-in-class services in the areas of consumer media relations, corporate social responsibility and corporate communications, Cone’s client roster includes: Ben & Jerry’s, LEGO Education, Timberland, CVS, and Target. At Cone, we help our clients get the strongest business, brand and societal impact from diverse purpose-driven efforts through creating breakthrough campaigns that inspire and drive action.
In this exciting role, the Account Supervisor will be responsible for delivering high-quality work product, managing projects and accounts, offering strategic and creative contributions, developing and nurturing the client relationship and providing on-going feedback to junior team members.
- Contribute strategic and creative ideas and applications, and in turn draft strategic briefs and recommendations for consumer clients
- Utilize resources intelligently to ensure projects are completed on time and in an efficient manner
- Put in place innovative, effective digital Marcom strategies utilizing new and social media
- Demonstrate expertise of clients’ business and industry
- Consistently develop, edit and refine client presentations and display confidence and command in public speaking and delivering presentations to the client and other audiences
- Exhibit highly effective research and business writing skills and the ability to adapt writing style to various audiences
- Seek opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full range of capabilities
- Develop the skills of more junior team members through consistent communication and direct and timely feedback
- Participate in agency training and development including conducting Cone College courses, leading knowledge sharing sessions and other activities
- Serve as mentor and role model to all employees
- Perform financial management including staffing, utilization, budget tracking and billing
The Account Supervisor must have 5-8 years of relative PR/Marcom agency experience and possess the following:
- PR agency background performing a leadership role for consumer-focused client(s)
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Accepts challenges and problem solves
- Possesses a positive, creative and innovative mindset
- Presents with confidence and command
- Displays analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong financial literacy and financial management
- Ability to delegate and edit and refine ideas
- Strong project, account and client management abilities
- Knowledge of digital services
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.
Job Code: 997